1. Booking Terms and Conditions
- 1.1 This Agreement does not constitute a contract for the supply of vehicle rental services. The Rental Services (the “Rental Services”) will be supplied
under a separate rental agreement to be entered into with a Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd, authorised Franchise/Licence owner who provides the vehicle (“the Local Supplier”) and
you will be required to enter into this when you pick up your vehicle.
- 1.2 For Pay Now bookings you are entering into this Agreement with Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd.
- 1.3 For Pay Later bookings you are entering into this Agreement with the Local Supplier
2. Terms and Conditions for Pay Now
- 2.1 By accepting The terms and conditions within the booking process, you are entering into, and are bound by the terms and conditions of, only this Agreement with Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd. By entering into this Agreement, you are agreeing to purchase a redeemable voucher (“voucher”) from Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd for the amount of the rate quoted by Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd. Right will issue the voucher and send it to you by email and will book the Rental Services. The voucher can be exchanged for Rental Services, at the selected location and date and time as described in the voucher,with the Local Franchise/Licence Owner. You must present this voucher when you arrive to commence your rental service as defined in the voucher.
- 2.2 You must pay the quoted charges relating to the voucher which on redemption entitles you to the rental services in full, excluding optional extras, at the time you make your booking on the website. The charges will be deducted from your credit or debit card at the time of booking. The voucher will not be issued until payment has been made in full. By entering into this Agreement you expressly authorise Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd to debit your credit or debit card the amount as shown on your voucher, excluding optional extras.
- 2.3 The voucher you have purchased may be exchanged for the rental, inclusive of VAT, of the selected vehicle for the dates you have booked.
- 2.4 All other optional equipment and services (e.g. special equipment, additional drivers, optional insurances, fuel, additional days) will incur additional charges, which you must pay directly to the Local Supplier either when you pick up or return your vehicle. Additional charges may also be made by the Local Supplier when you pick up your vehicle if you are under the age of 25 (Young Driver Surcharge).
- 2.5 If you cancel your booking a cancellation fee will apply by way of compensation to Right Cars ® ™ Vehicle Rental Ltd. Please refer to our cancellation policy.
- 2.6 If you fail to pick up your vehicle within 6 hours from the reservation date and time shown in your booking the full value of the reservation amount will become due as compensation to Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd: a) For bookings where the face value of the voucher is below £100 no refund will be made. b) For bookings where the face value of the voucher is above £100 , Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd will refund any amount in excess of £100.
- 2.7 In order to obtain a refund of the amount you have paid for your voucher (where applicable) you must write to the following address requesting the money be refunded, within 5 working days of the start of the reservation defined on the voucher. Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd Suite 501, Regency House, 91 Western Road, Brighton, BN1 2NW, United Kingdom.
- 2.8 For the avoidance of doubt no refund will be given by Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd if:
a) You do not use any part of your reservation period; or
b) You change your booking and the charges for the Rental Services are less than the amount you paid for the original booking; or
c) You cancel the reservation less then 24 Hrs before the defined collection date and time; or
d) You fail to deliver a request for refund by post within 5 working days of the original commencement of your reservations
3. Amending Pay Now Bookings
- 3.1 Subject to availability and the restrictions in clause 3.2 below, you can amend your booking up to 24 hours prior to picking up your vehicle via this website or at any time up until the time of the rental by calling the Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd on +44 (0) 1273 894600 . Subject to the conditions set out below.
- 3.2 Changes to your booking are subject to the following restrictions: a) If you change a booking and the charges for the Rental Services are greater than the face value of your voucher, you will be charged the difference at Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd then-current rates and the additional amount (including any additional taxes) will be payable at the time of modification. b) If the cost of the changed booking is less than the cost of the face value of the voucher, NO REFUND will be made.
4. Terms and Conditions for Pay on Arrival
- 4.1 By accepting the terms and condition during the booking process you are entering into, and are bound by the terms and conditions of, only this Agreement (Reservation) with the Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd Franchise/Licence Owner. The Rental Services will be the subject of a separate rental agreement to be entered into with the Local Supplier.
- 4.2 If you do not cancel your booking before the reservation date and time shown in your booking and fail to pick up your vehicle within 6 hours from that time, a non-cancellation fee of £100, (or the same amount in the local currency depending on the country of rental and exclusive of any applicable VAT) will apply by way of compensation to the Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd.
- 4.3 Your booking constitutes a guaranteed booking by the Right Cars ® ™ Vehicle Rental Franchise/Licence Owner as appropriate. In the event that the Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd Franchise/Licence Owner fails to honour your booking for any reason, the Right Cars Franchise/Licence Owner will pay compensation to you, but Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd will not be liable for payment of any compensations.
- 4.4 In the event that you are charged a non-cancellation fee due to an event of force majeure, including but not limited to, any act of God, terrorism, act of government or state, war, civil commotion, insurrection, embargo, or labour dispute, you shall be entitled to a refund on provision of appropriate evidence to the Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd Franchise/Licence Owner.
5. Changing Pay on Arrival Bookings
- 5.1 Subject to availability, you can change your booking at any time up until the time of the rental (not including a change in rental location) via this website or by calling the Right Cars Central Reservations on +44 (0) 1273 894600.
6. Mandatory Cover
- 6.1 When you rent a vehicle from Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd, the price you are quoted automatically includes a basic level of cover should you be involved in an accident.
- 6.2 This basic cover includes: Legal Liability, Third Party and Public Liability Cover, Vehicle Damage Cover (known as Collision Damage Waiver “CDW” or Loss Damage Waiver “LDW”) and Vehicle Theft Cover.
7. Vehicle Excess
- 7.1 If the rental car is damaged or stolen, the mandatory cover will include the cost of repairing and / or replacing the vehicle. However, the renter will have to pay a fixed amount towards the repair / replacement costs. This is known as an excess. This applies regardless of whether you were at fault. The cost of repair is determined at the sole discretion of Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd based on the Audetex system used by car insurance companies
- 7.2 At the point of collecting the rental vehicle, Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd will take an amount on the driver’s credit / debit card to cover part of the vehicle excess. These funds will then be released following working day after the end of the rental period. The time taken for the amount to be accessible on your credit card will depend on the provider. As an average, it should take a minimum of 3 days, although certain providers may take up to 14 working days.
- 7.3 Excess amounts vary by country and will be displayed during the online booking journey. Alternatively, contact the Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd global reservation centre on +44 (0) 1273 894600
- 8.1 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions reduces your statutory rights relating to a refund.
- 8.2 Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd or the Local Supplier as appropriate will not be responsible for losses suffered by you as a result of Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd or the Local Supplier breaching this Agreement.
- 8.3 Payment Card(s) – The payment cards accepted on our website are MasterCard (excluding prepay cards), Visa debit and credit cards. Payment Cards accepted at our branches may vary so please consult the branch terms and conditions for a full list of acceptable cards or search our FAQ section for payment cards accepted. Please note, if you have pre-paid your rental with a Visa Electron card, you will need to provide another payment card at the time of pick up as we are unable to accept Visa Electron for rentals.
- 8.4 Driving Licence – You will need a full driving licence that covers the vehicle rented by you. For rentals in most countries, the licence is typically required for at least one year (please check the terms and conditions of the renting country prior to booking). If your licence is in non-roman alphabet (e.g. Japanese), you will need the original license AND an international driving licence.
- 8.5 Driver Age – The minimum age to rent with Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd depending on the country of collection please refer to the branch terms and conditions.
- 8.6 Young Driver Surcharge – In most countries an extra fee will be charged for drivers under 25 years of age, these fees vary depending on country and vehicle type booked.
- 8.7 Additional Driver(s) – Please be advised that if a second driver is requested, they must also be present when picking up the car, and have their original driving licence. An additional driver fee may be charged.